We are proud to bring you our range of natural, sustainable plates and bowls, made from the fallen leaves of the areca palm tree.
These 100% biodegradable plates and bowls are durable, lightweight and require minimal processing from tree to table.
- the fallen palm leaf is gathered (it is not cut – only the fallen leaves are suitable)
- it is then washed in spring water
- then heat-pressed into shape (this also sterilises the leaf) – no chemicals, waxes, dyes or additives are used
Palm Leaf Plates are a stylish and unique alternative to other disposable tableware on the market.
- Stronger and more natural than corn or potato starch, sugar cane, paper & bamboo plates
- They won’t harm our environment and can be burnt, taken to a landfill or composted
- Microwave-, oven- and refrigerator-safe. Don’t try this with other disposable plates!
This cottage industry provides a source of income for many families in South Asia, making Palm Leaf Plates a responsible decision for your family, their families, and our environment.
What better way of utilizing nature’s gift of fallen leaves! This is truly nature’s tableware.
To receive your free sample please fill out the form below. We will try to contact you asap. Please note that this offer is only available to customers in within the New Zealand area.